Join us in celebrating Focal Point Photography’s 40th Anniversary!
Focal Point Photography
Founded in 1983 by Mike Lowery, Focal Point Photography has been a leading source of education, equipment and assistance to photographers in our community.
Since July 2019, Focal Point has been locally owned and operated by Nate and Michelle Woods, who strive to build on the legacy Mike created. This year, we couldn’t be more thrilled to celebrate 40 years in business! We wouldn’t be here today without the kindness and support of our customers and community. In celebration of our anniversary and all of you who have helped make the last 40 years possible, we are hosting a photo contest with so many great prizes!
Categories & Prizes:
There will be five categories for the contest as listed below:
- Junior Photographer*
Within each category will will select three winners as follows:
- 1st Place – $100 Focal Point Gift Card
- 2nd – $50.00 Focal Point Gift Card
- 3rd- $25.00 Focal Point Gift Card
We will also select one “Best of Show” to receive a Focal Point Photography insulated water bottle and a metal print of their entered photo up to 16×24.
*Junior Photographer Category
Children 12 and under are welcome to submit their photos of any variety to this special category. We ask that an adult help with the submission process and list “Junior Photographer” as the designated category.
- 1st Place – Fujifilm Instax Mini 7+ with film + $20.00 Dreamies Creamery Gift Card
- 2nd Place – Focal Point Water bottle + $15 Dreamies Creamery Gift Card
- 3rd Place – $15 Dreamies Creamery Gift Card
How to Enter:
- Photos may be submitted September 9th- September 30th 2023
- Submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants may submit up to 1 image per category, for a total of 5 possible entries. Each photo must be unique and be solely the work of the participant.
- Your submission must include the following information:
- First and Last Name:
- Contact Phone #:
- Instagram Handle (Not required, but recommended for sharing purposes):
- Designated Categories:
- JPEG of photo submission between 1mb-20mb included as an attachment
Official Contest Rules:
- Your submission indicates you have read and agree to abide by the Official Rules of Contest.
- Submissions accepted between September 9th – September 30th 2023, no entries will be accepted after this date.
- All participants agree to a photo release, & Focal Point is authorized to use any and all photographs and or digital images related to the entry for promotional purposes. By virtue of submission, the entrant certifies the work as their own and grants permission to reproduce any prints for publicity purposes, with credit given.
- All articles must be the handiwork of the participant and not be taken from anyone other than the person submitting the photos. All images must be original, and may not include elements produced by anyone else.
- Each participant is required to include first name, last name, phone number, email, JPEG of photo submission between 1mb-20mb included as an attachment to the email, and designated category for submission. Recommended that they include social media handles for re-posting after the contest has ended to announce winners.
- One person is limited to five (5) photo entries in total for the whole contest, one (1) photo applicable per category, ex: a macro photo can’t also be a miscellaneous photo, they have to be two (2) different photos, each one submitted to one (1) category only.
- Landscape and Portrait Categories refer to the subject of the image, not the orientation of the photo.
- Children 12 and under only are allowed to submit photos to the Junior Photographer category. Those found violating this rule will be disqualified.
- No image may be entered more than once. Changing a color image to monochrome, adding a filter or alternate cropping does not create a new image.
- Contributors found in violation of rules shall be penalized by forfeiture of awards and/or privileges, and removed from the contest.
- Only One prize allowed per person/participant.
- All submissions will be judged by Focal Point Staff and judging will be closed to the public.
- Paper submissions will not be accepted.
- Award winners will be contacted via phone/email and winning photos may be shared on Focal Point Photography social media accounts.